It's that time of year again! Time for my favorite holiday, National Scrapbook Day! Last year I celebrated by meeting some scrappy friends for a weekend crop in St. Louis. This year I celebrated by myself, in between shopping and cleaning. I did manage to complete two layouts on a busy Saturday.
The first layout I made was for the weekly challenge at Scrapbook Steals. We're starting a new gemstone series, so this is the first of the Peridot group:
I used some bright summery papers from the Splash collection by Echo Park. I pieced together my own sun embellishment and added some stamped arrows, sticker elements, and tags from Elle's Studio. For details about the weekly challenge, click HERE.
In addition to a fun video chat on Friday, Scrapbook Steals issued some extra challenges for the weekend. I only had time to complete one of the four challenges, but am hoping to complete the others someday soon. This challenge was to complete a layout based on the words "right now", so I decided to document my 11 year old and some details of his life "right now".
I mixed layers from Studio Calico and Simple Stories and am thrilled with how it turned out. The alphabet card that I used in the background just happened to contain my son's initials, so I added a circle stamp around them, just for fun. Thanks for stopping by, and happy scrapbook day!
No comments:
Post a Comment