Monday, May 27, 2013

Catching up

I have a few layouts that I haven't blogged about yet, so this is a catch up post.  We spent a long weekend at the campground and once again, I brought along some scrappy goodies and worked on this week's mid-week mojo challenge from Scrapbook Steals.  This is the layout that was inspired by the weekly sketch:
I used Melodee Cloud's sketch and the May kit from Gossamer Blue to document our first trip via Amtrak.  The train embellishments were cut from the train schedule that I kept to document our trip. 

I'm thrilled to be using a fun mix of papers from the Gossamer Blue kit.  I recently subscribed to the monthly kit and I have had lots of fun mixing and matching the bright prints and patterns.  Using the supplies in the kit really pushed me out of my comfort zone, forcing me to use papers that I wouldn't have chosen or paired with other patterns.   The kit encourages members to create 4 layouts from the monthly kit to be eligible for a free album in your sixth month.  That motivated me to get the most of my papers and I happily completed 4 layouts with this month's kit, with enough paper left over to do a couple more.  In addition to the layout featured above, I also created these lovely layouts with the Gossamer Blue May kit:

 
This last layout was created based on the Gossamer Blue sketch challenge.  The other two layouts were my own designs.  I loved working with Gossamer Blue and can't wait to see what my June kit includes!

1 comment: