Sunday, May 19, 2013

Brown County State Park

This week my scrappy friend Marisa Torp is the guest sketcher at Scrapbook Steals.  You can check out her original sketch HERE.  Since I gave up chronological scrapping years ago, I dug into my pile of photos and found some photos from last July when we had our first ever camping trip with my brother and his family.  These photos went great with the Take a Hike papers by Simple Stories that I have been hoarding. Since I had so many photos I wanted to include, I turned Marisa's one page sketch into a two pager:
We had a wonderful four day camping adventure at Brown County State Park.  It was a sort of "meet in the middle" event where we met up with my brother and his family for a fourth of July trip.  They had camped once before, we camp all the time, but we had never camped together, so it was  a new adventure.  It was so much fun for the cousins to spend lots of time together and for us to just hang out with my brother and his wife.  Usually our trips home involve crowded family functions or scheduled activities, so it was a nice change of pace to just hang out with them and take life easy.  The only thing bad about this trip was the weather.  We were over 100 degrees everyday and never even built a campfire.  We had air conditioning in our campers, so we still had a sweaty good time! Hopefully we can convince them to camp again with us sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment