Sunday, March 3, 2013

Basketball camp

This week's sketch challenge at scrapbook steals featured a large half circle, so I decided to go with a basketball theme and scrap some photos from last year. 
I had a piece of "basketball textured" paper approximately 6x12 inches, so I cut out a half circle and added some thin strips of black cardstock to it to look like the seams on a real basketball.  A little black ink on the textured paper gave just the right look for my homemade basketball.  I decided to add some spray ink after the basketball was already attached to my paper, so I had to create a mask out of scrap paper that was the same size as my basketball to protect the area I didn't want to splatter.  It's hard to see on the photo, but there's a thin splattering of red paint on the cream cardstock.  A few die cut stars and some washi tape finished off the layout. 

Every March my boys participate in a three week basketball camp at their school.  Since we'll be starting a new round of March Madness this week, I decided I should hurry up and scrap these old photos from last year.  How time flies!  Hope I can find time to be crafty this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment