I machine stitched a zig zag border around my gray paper, although many of the stitches broke loose-oops! The large white snowflake is actually a Christmas ornament I picked up on clearance from Target a few years back. I believe I got a three pack of them for .50, and it was the perfect embellishment for this page. The red scarf accent happened quite by accident. I originally set out to pleat a piece of red fabric or ribbon, similar to the pleated burlap on the inspiration layout. I found a piece of red felt in my fabric stash and I cut out a strip and laid it down on my layout. Suddenly, it reminded me of a scarf, so I cut two shorter strips that I layered and snipped fringes into the ends. The only thing I'm not happy about are the snowflakes punched into my journaling spot, but I was too lazy to make a different one, so it will have to do. This turned out to be one of my favorite layouts I've created in a while, mostly because I was able to complete it while home with my kiddos waiting on a two hour school delay.
I've been faithfully playing along with the weekly sketch challenges at Scrapbook Steals, but due to difficulties with Blogger, I wasn't able to get photos to attach to my blog posts, so there were several weeks where I wasn't able to enter the drawing. I did post them to the Scrapbook Steals facebook page so you may have seen them there. Here are some of the layouts that were completed but never posted:
I love that scarf Julie! Talk about eye catching! That is definitely one of my favorites as well!
ReplyDelete