I came across a contest sponsored by Bella Blvd. and thought it had my name written all over it. Scrappy Mom. That's what I am. The first line of the contest detail asked "Are you a busy but creative mom?" I must say that I am. So, in honor of mother's day, and in a quest to win $150 in scrappy product, I set out to create a layout documenting how much I juggle in my busy life. My two favorite things are being a mom and scrapbooking. This layout combined my love for both. When people find out I'm a scrapper they often ask how I have time. Actually, it's because I am a busy mom that I must scrapbook. I must capture these crazy days and precious memories so that we can remember just how much busy fun we've had. If I didn't juggle crazy weeks of kid schedules and a full time job, I am certain I would have nothing to scrapbook about, and no money to buy scrapbook supplies! I want my children to be proud of me and know how hard I work to give them a good life.
For this layout, I used papers from the All Inclusive collection, namely Billboards, Luau, and Skippin' Stones. The papers worked so well with the chipboard and my homemade title. I traced the word MOM on a piece of cardboard and cut it out with scissors. Then I peeled away the top layer to reveal the corrugated core. I love the way it turned out! Then for the rolled paper, I used a great two sided paper and cut slits about a half inch apart. Then I used a lollipop stick to help me roll the paper.
For the banner at the top, I cut out individual circles from the Skippin' Stones patterned paper and folded them in half over a piece of cotton string. I inked the edges and voila! a beautiful banner.
I'm pleased with how everything came together. And I'm even more excited for a chance to win more great product! Thanks for looking and thank you to all of the busy moms who inspire us to do what we love!
No comments:
Post a Comment