Monday, May 30, 2011

my first giveaway!

I've been blogging for almost 6 months and have become a follower of many.  I am not very technology savvy, but I use my blog to document my crafty/scrapbook projects and to share inspiration and ideas.  What I didn't realize was how many blogs involve giveaways or prizes.  When I learned there was a chance to win just by leaving a comment, I decided to give it a try.  I also do the weekly mid-week-mojo challenge at Scrapbook Steals and have been chosen once as a random winner.  I've never been a "lucky" person, but so far, in the six months that I've been entering contests, I've managed to win some pretty great stuff.  I have tried to keep track of the value of my winnings, and I'm close to $200 in free goodies so far. Of course, not everything I win is stuff I will really use, so this is where the fun comes in.  I have met so many great scrappy friends by doing this, and I'd love to share some of my goodies.  I figure that even if I don't like it, someone else can put it to good use.  This prize package was from Oh My Crafts! and I won just by leaving a comment on National Scrapbook Day.  Since I'm a mom of boys, not at all a "girly girl", and never scrap about myself, I knew these papers would probably never find their way into my projects.  So, if you're interested in winning these lovely papers from the Making Memories Je t'adore line, just leave a comment by 6/3/11 and I'll pick a winner.  I'm willing to ship internationally, so all of my Canadian friends can enter too! 

6 comments:

  1. I will enter! I do have two girls, but I also do a Valentine's day page every year also :) Thanks for sharing your winnings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of keeping track of my winnings total! I do write down in my calendar the days I win things though to keep track of what I am waiting for! Anyway, I love this line! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay !!! Thanks for sharing your winnings. I love this paper line :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of keeping track of winnings! Great idea! I love your layouts and I am really glad that you have a blog so that I can admire them! Thanks for the chance to win Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hooo!!! I'm interested. It's very cute. Thanks for doing this!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did someone say "giveaway"?! I love this line. I think it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete