This week's scrapbook page was completed in a hurry. We finally have some decent weather, so we spent a lot of time working in the yard and getting the house purdied up this weekend. When the sun is shining and grass is green, it's a little harder to spend a beautiful afternoon in my windowless scrapbook room in the basement. But, because I never miss a weekly challenge at Scrapbook Steals, I snuck down there for an hour while hubby mowed the lawn. If I couldn't see blue skies and green grass from my windowless room, I decided I should at least scrap pictures of them.
These kite themed pieces from the Lime Twist collection by My Mind's Eye were perfect to scrap photos of my boys flying kites at the campground. I originally intended to use only two photos on this layout, but then I decided to use the blue sky picture as the background for my journaling. I used a white pen to write directly on my picture and love the way it turned out. Using the kites on my background paper and title piece as inspiration, I pieced together a larger kite to finish off the page. Sweet and simple this week! Thanks for looking!
It's clear that a hurried page can be perfection too! I love this so much! Genius idea for journaling and perfect paper!
ReplyDelete