For this week's sketch challenge at Scrapbook Steals, I busted out my Bright Side collection from My Mind's Eye. The bright fun colors and fun wood grain pattern worked great with my photo of my little guy. I love the banners and the little elements that work great for boy or girl pages. I even snuck a little floral print in on this layout and am happy with how it turned out.
This layout happened to be created while my little guy was sick and we were home from work/school. After not being able to keep down any food or drink, my poor little guy was feeling terrible. He layed down to rest in our bed and I snuck to the basement for a little crafty time while he slept. Ten minutes later and he's calling for me from the top of the stairs. I told him where I was and I asked what was wrong. He replied in the most pathetic voice, "You're supposed to be taking care of ME!" I assured him that I was taking care of him but thought he was asleep. I asked him what he needed and he said, "You!". In all of his misery, he didn't want to sleep, didn't want to watch tv, and only wanted his momma. I love feeling "needed", but an entire day of this was a little much. Luckily, I convinced him to watch a little Scooby Doo so I could finish up this layout. And after 24 hours of the yucks, my little guy seems to be back to normal!
Here's the sketch by Kristy Lee that inspired my layout:

LOVE your choice of embellishments on this Julie. You rocked it as usual!
ReplyDelete