This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. If I were to pick another profession, I think I would probably pursue teaching (that is, if I actually had more patience!) I've helped out in the classroom on my days off, and I have a whole new appreciation for what those teachers have to do each day. It's a tough job made even tougher thanks to children who are becoming less respectful and more entitled. I am also saddened by the lack of parental involvement and support for the schools. Even though I work full time, I still find time to be "present" for school functions, special events, etc. I truly appreciate teachers year round, but in honor of "their week" I decided to do something special for each of my kids' teachers.
While I was tasked with baking 10 dozen cookies for the elementary school, I decided to make a few more to do individual gifts for my boys' teachers. Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, I started with glass jars that I picked up at Walmart for $3.50. I decorated them with some fun school themed papers (by Simple Stories and Imaginisce) and added a cute little tag thanking the teacher for helping my son become "one smart COOKIE". I used spray adhesive to attach the paper to the jar and tied the tag on with a ribbon. Finally, I filled the jars with 2 dozen of my homemade chocolate chip cookies, ready to be delivered to the school. Instead of risking a ride on the school bus, I think I'm going to drive my kids to school today just to make sure these make it in one piece. Thanks for looking and don't forget to thank a teacher!
wow i wish i had more parents like you!!!! this is my 23rd year teaching and i still love it but it is getting harder and harder each year!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun idea --your teachers are going to LOVE this!!!