My sewing machine had been out of commission for several months, and I recently had it repaired, so I started the layout by machine stitching a border. My favorite thing about machine stitching is how quickly it adds a special touch to a project. I did this step first (just in case), as I didn't want to risk ruining the whole layout if I didn't like how it came out. Once I was satisfied with my stitching, I started making pinwheels out of some of my favorite papers. I used pieces of the Lime Twist collection from My Mind's Eye. I love the way the patterns and colors all compliment one another. The pinwheels were super simple and are an easy way to make a quick embellishment. The final trend I decided to showcase was baker's twine. I broke out some coordinating colors of twine and started meandering, using micro glue dots every couple of inches to keep the twine in place. For the swirly twine circles, I cut out a circle of cardstock and covered the circle with adhesive. Starting in the center, I just started winding the twine around to fill the shape. Overall, I was thrilled with this layout and was proud to see it featured on today's Practical Scrappers blog. My term as a designer is about to come to an end, but I love the challenges and am thrilled to have been able to showcase my scrappy creations.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
A scrappy start to 2012
My sewing machine had been out of commission for several months, and I recently had it repaired, so I started the layout by machine stitching a border. My favorite thing about machine stitching is how quickly it adds a special touch to a project. I did this step first (just in case), as I didn't want to risk ruining the whole layout if I didn't like how it came out. Once I was satisfied with my stitching, I started making pinwheels out of some of my favorite papers. I used pieces of the Lime Twist collection from My Mind's Eye. I love the way the patterns and colors all compliment one another. The pinwheels were super simple and are an easy way to make a quick embellishment. The final trend I decided to showcase was baker's twine. I broke out some coordinating colors of twine and started meandering, using micro glue dots every couple of inches to keep the twine in place. For the swirly twine circles, I cut out a circle of cardstock and covered the circle with adhesive. Starting in the center, I just started winding the twine around to fill the shape. Overall, I was thrilled with this layout and was proud to see it featured on today's Practical Scrappers blog. My term as a designer is about to come to an end, but I love the challenges and am thrilled to have been able to showcase my scrappy creations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love your layout! Your pinwheels are great and I love what you did with the baker's twine.
ReplyDeleteI completely love this one! Probably my favorite of all the layouts you've done!
ReplyDeleteAmazing work with great design and color combination. Plus I like the materials you used for the layout.
ReplyDeletesafes for sale