This week my scrappy pal Cathryn Hanson was the lucky guest sketcher at Scrapbook Steals. She created two beautiful sketches this week and I was so excited to play along. This is the sketch I worked from:
I decided to create a layout for my son's first season of football. I flipped the sketch to make it work better with my paper and created this:
I matted my main photo with a piece of textured paper that had dimples just like a real football. Then for my journaling spot, I hand cut a football shape out of another piece of textured paper and added the white stripe across the top. The word FOOTBALL was already printed on the background paper, but it didn't stand out as much as I liked, so I outlined the letters with a sharpie and added some dimension with Glossy Accents. I added some football ribbon and a few die cut embellishments. Maybe this week the random.org drawing will be in my favor. If not, I still have a great new sketch to work with and another layout completed!

No comments:
Post a Comment