Monday, January 17, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #19

I love a challenge!  Obviously, since I work full time, raise two little boys (and take care of a husband) and still find time to get crafty.  This week I decided to try another challenge, this one with RULES.  For this challenge I had  to work from their sketch,  use 80% product from My Mind's Eye (since it is their challenge, after all), and I had to make it a winter theme.


Hmmm, winter =(  I'm not a big fan.  I almost ruled out this contest because of the winter rule.  I hate driving in snow, being stuck inside the house with overactive children, taking extra time to get everyone bundled up, and I hate that my yard looks all yucky and gross.  My winter pics are limited since I generally hate going out in the snow and usually just watch from inside in my comfy jammies.  I braved the weather to snap a few shots in December, so I decided to make them work.  And since I had just received the "I Believe" collection from My Mind's Eye in the mail this week, I decided to use some of my new product.  The letters and brown ribbon are from MME's Lush line and the solid blue paper at the bottom is from MME Simply Delightful.  The brown letters didn't pop enough, so I highlighted the edges with a silver marker.  I made the thermometer by modifying a horizontal journaling strip from the I Believe chipboard.  I turned it vertically, added some slash marks, and voila!,  a thermometer.  I inked the edges of everything and realized that I somehow left a big brown fingerprint right on my one of a kind thermometer (gasp)!  Another embellishment to the rescue!  The red flower/snowflake fit perfectly over my blemish.  The only extra I added was some snowflake lace that I sprinkled with glitter.   Here is my final project!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Your layout truly does not reflect your dislike of winter :-)

    ReplyDelete