Sunday, August 11, 2013

Brothers

This week at Scrapbook Steals, Melodee gave us another great sketch for the weekly challenge.  When I was visiting Southern Indiana last week, I was lucky enough to spend a few minutes visiting the local scrapbook store, The Doodlebug.  It was great fun to wander through the store and chat with the owners about their trip to CHA.  Among my purchases were a few papers from the Brothers mini collection from Echo Park.  They were perfect for this week's layout featuring some old photos of my boys:
The masculine colors and patterns are great for my boy pages (I especially love the plaid).  I only wish I had picked up a few more sheets from this collection!  My only regret with this layout was my inking.  Because I can never leave well enough alone, after I finished my layout, I decided to add "just a little" ink to the edges.  A little quickly became a lot, thanks to a random swipe from my inking sponge. In an effort to even things out, I ended up with way more ink than I ever intended. I actually thought about cutting off the edges of the paper and matting it with another piece of cardstock, but I was afraid I might not be happy with that either so I decided to quit before I did any more damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment