Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Adore You

This week Scrapbook Steals and Authentique teamed up for their sketch challenge.  Since my Authentique stash is dwindling, I decided to put all those scraps to good use. Here's what I came up with:
I combined pieces from different collections and layered everything on top of kraft paper.  They say diamonds are a girl's best friend, but after cutting and inking 80 of them, I'm not so fond of them anymore.  For this layout I used Authentique diction words, Richness paper from the Splendid line, Euphoria paper from the Blissful line, and Foundsations bi-fold solid paper. 
The original sketch looked like this:

4 comments:

  1. I love your comment about he diamonds, lol! Great change up from the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch! So clean and simple! What a great way to use scraps! Thanks for playing along with us!

    -Emily
    Authentique DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those diamonds are perfect and the black outline even more so. Great work Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did diamonds and mixed collections. It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete