Friday, October 7, 2011

One Sweet Ride

This week at Scrapbook Steals, my scrappy friend Van Nguyen was featured as a guest designer!  She created not one, but two fabulous sketches.  I loved them both, but being pressed for time, I opted for the one that I thought I could finish quickly.  This is the sketch I started with:
I immediately thought of a photo I snapped of my new bike and I dug out some old My Mind's Eye papers that matched the "feel" was going for.  This is the layout I created:

I love my bike, but I love it even more because it was a total surprise.  My husband isn't exactly great at picking out gifts, and we had all but abandoned buying for one another at this stage in our life.  We pretty much get what we want or save up for something special, so we don't buy each other Anniversary gifts anymore.  This was our 10th Anniversary, so I decided to be prepared "just in case" he got me something.  I didn't want to be empty handed if he happened to buy me something.  I bought him a new ipod since he sent his last one through the washing machine.  I decided that if we didn't end up buying anniversary presents, I would simply save the ipod for Christmas, so I wouldn't make him feel bad if he didn't shop for me.  I was surprised to find this beautiful bike sitting in my kitchen on the morning of our anniversary.  He snuck it in before leaving for work.  It was everything I had been dreaming of!  And I happily set out his new ipod so that he would be surprised when he came home from work.  All in all, we had a wonderful anniversary and are looking forward to spending many more together!

No comments:

Post a Comment