This week at Scrapbook Steals, my friend Kristy MacKeen was the lucky duck guest sketcher. She created a beautiful layout and challenged us to use this sketch:
Since I'm working on my Disney album and have lots and lots of pictures, I decided to stretch this into a two page layout.
I used a lot of fun animal prints and some chipboard embellishments.
But my favorite embellishment is a "non-traditional" item. A few weeks back I picked up some wood veneer edging at our local hardware store. It was a plain unfinished roll of wood with adhesive on the back. I added some ink to darken the wood and bring out the woodgrain pattern and I used my iron to heat the adhesive backing right onto my page. I love to try new things and I'm a sucker for unconventional methods, so I was pleased with how this turned out. It is the first time I've ever used an iron as a scrapbooking tool.
Thanks Kristy for a great sketch! You did a great job this week. I'd love to have a chance to be a guest sketcher someday, so for now I'm living vicariously through you! Thanks for looking!

No comments:
Post a Comment