Friday, June 10, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge #24

I decided to enter the blog challenge over at My Mind's Eye since I needed a good excuse to use more of their new Lime Twist collection!  The requirements for this challenge were to create a layout using 80% MME, including song lyrics, and based on this sketch:
 
  I chose a song from Rascal Flatts called "My Wish" that has perfect lyrics to include in a message to my boys.  I managed to use pieces from three different MME collections.  The red solid paper is from the Confetti collection.  The brad in the center of my pinwheel is actually from the holiday collection called I Believe.  And the rest is all from Lime Twist.  I wanted to do the title with MME letters but I didn't have any in the right color, so I spotted a piece of Lime Twist patterned alphabet paper and cut out the individual letters.  I went over the letters with Glossy Accents to help them stand out and popped them up with pop dots.  My favorite feature is the zipper, the only item that is not MME.  It's actually a regular sewing notion that has been sitting in my stash for some time. I thought this might be the perfect place to use it!
All in all, I'm happy with how it turned out.  I didn't really have a "vision" when I started out, but I'm pleased with the finished product.  Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Fab layout! LOVE those papers! Don't think I seen them before....but now I might have to go shopping! LOL!

    ReplyDelete