Monday, November 26, 2012

Out on a limb

This week's sketch challenge at Scrapbook Steals was perfect for some photos from our summer adventures.  I combined some of my favorite papers from American Crafts and Imaginisce and added a journaling spot from Simple Stories.
These pictures were taken during one of our camping trips.  We were on a family hike when the boys saw a big tree that had recently fallen in a storm.  The boys wanted to walk out on the fallen tree that extended out over a drop-off.  Against my better judgement, I told them they could, but cautioned them to be careful.  Jacob was doing great until it was time to turn around and walk back.  In what seemed like slow motion, we watched him lose his footing and fall to the ground 5-6 feet below.  Caleb immediately burst into tears, thinking his brother was seriously hurt. I immediately regretted letting Jacob go out on the log, but was relieved to see him pop right up and proclaim "That was awesome!"  He landed on his rump and somehow managed to avoid all of the other logs and brush that were on the ground. 

This is the sketch by Brittany Allred that inspired my layout:

No comments:

Post a Comment