Monday, October 29, 2012

my boy

This week's Scrapbook Steals sketch challenge was a fun one for me.  I love layouts with multiple photos, but I was glad it was a one pager, as I didn't have a ton of time.  I used papers from Echo Park's Note to Self collection.  This is what I came up with for the sixth sketch in the Coral series:
These papers are left over from my gig as guest designer several months ago.  The collection is very "boy" friendly, so it was perfect for pics of my sweet Caleb.  I even included some of his own handwriting.  I have a feeling, 20 years from now, he may think it's neat to see how he wrote his name.
And this is the sketch by Brittany Allred that served as my inspiration:

2 comments:

  1. Love it Julie! He has crazy good handwriting too! Perfect papers for your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never thought to save their handwriting and include it on a layout! Thanks for this and I will be sure to do it from now on.

    ReplyDelete