Sunday, May 6, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day!

This week was a very special week.  I made a road trip to St. Louis to meet some scrappy pals and spent the entire day being crafty on Saturday!  It was a well deserved trip, since the last time I left home overnight by myself was over 8 years ago and was only because my dad had heart surgery.  This was a much better excuse for a road trip, if I do say so myself!  I met two lovely ladies for a wonderful weekend.
While we were together, we shopped and scrapped and chatted the night away.  My first project was the MWM challenge from Scrapbook Steals.  It was the first of a new series, and again pushed me way out of my comfort zone.  With the help and advise of my scrappy pals, here's what I came up with:
I also made a few layouts of my own and helped Cristine with a two page layout for her cousin.  It was a very successful weekend, just wishing it was longer.  It's amazing how quickly 12 hours flew by!  Here are the other layouts I made this weekend:
I started another before it was time to pack up for the night.  Now the yucky part- unpacking and catching up on all of the things that didn't get done while I was away. 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful excuse for a road trip! And may I say how much I love that first MWM layout!!! Gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you all had fun! Next time I will join you! I love your layouts too. I never get anything done when I go to crops so I am impressed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot done! So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete