Sunday, October 16, 2011

Time to Make the Donuts!

This week's sketch at Scrapbook Steals was a bit of a challenge for me.  This was the sketch I was working from:
I struggled with what photos to use and started thumbing thru my stacks.  I found some photos from a recent camping trip where I made homemade donuts for the boys for the first time.  I decided the circle on the sketch could be turned into a donut and I went from there.  The entire time I worked on the page, I tried to think of a catchy title.  All I could think of was the old Dunkin' Donuts commercial where the baker says "Time to make the donuts!"  This commercial is probably older that some of my scrappy friends, so it may be lost on many.  But it stuck and I ran with it.
I created my own donut embellishment by cutting a large circle with my Circle cutter.  I cut a slightly smaller brown circle and then went around with scissors, trimming the wavy edges to look like frosting.  I added several dashes of colored "sprinkles" using old tubes of puffy paint that I've had for over 10 years.  I guess this whole layout is kind of a throwback.  Old commercial, old products, old donut recipe.  But it made a snazzy new layout that I hope can bring me some random.org luck this week in the Scrapbook Steals drawing!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, you had me cracking up reading this. Throwbacks are sooo "in" right now. lol

    ReplyDelete